Already a member? - go here.
We welcome anyone with an interest in the GER to join us, whether you are an earnest researcher or a general enthusiast. There are many benefits provided to members:
- The Great Eastern Journal
- The Great Eastern News
- Bi-annual meetings
- Online meetings via Zoom
- The GERS E-group, allowing e-mail interchange of information (more details and how to join are in the Members' area)
- The GERS Forum, a topic based information exchange with inclusive images, popular with modellers
- Our extensive publications for sale, including the Information Sheets
- Access to research assistance through our Co-ordinators
- Opportunities to assist with archival activities
Annual membership is £25 for UK residents or £35 for overseas applicants. Membership runs from 1st April and entitles you to four editions each of the Journal and News. There are no pro-rata reductions for joining part way through the year, but members will receive their full quota of publications dating back to the previous April.
You may now apply for membership online here, paying via PayPal, or here to pay via Nochex. For applications by mail, a copy of our membership application form is available here, which you may print out. Existing members may also renew via PayPal or Nochex, although we would ask all members to use Standing Orders if possible.
In addition, our Membership Secretary, Ken Wheatley, would be pleased to answer any general queries with reference to membership of the GERS and can be contacted by telephone on 01279 814678 or by e-mail.